Deafgard is a portable, wire-free solution for communicating fire alarms to the deaf and hard of hearing. The Deafgard comprises of an integral high intensity strobe and a vibration pad and is acoustically triggered by the sound of standard fire alarms with 60-90db (The standard level of a fire alarm).
- 2 year warranty
- Portable and extremely versatile
- Deafgard complies to BS EN 61000-6-1:2001 and BS EN61000-6-3:2001
- Designed to fulfil the guidance in BS 5446-3:2005
- No installation required
- Deafgard is entirely wireless and self contained
- Automatically activates when the fire alarm sounds
- Ideal for hotels, guest houses and other sleeping risk applications
- Deafgard is manufactured in the UK
- Battery operated, supplied complete with 4 x 1.5v C size alkaline batteries
- Deafgard will ensure compliance with elements of the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA)
- Built-in alarm clock facility
How does Deafgard Work?
The Deafgard vibration pad is placed under the pillow, upon hearing the fire alarm the integral high intensity strobe and vibration pad will activate alerting the occupant to the fire allowing them to vacate the building.