GDPR: Is your CCTV Signage Compliant??
***(This sign should be used in conjunction with WX9150DD & WX9149Q)
For your CCTV signs to be GDPR compliant they should be clear, visible and legible, with your businesses details and the purpose of the CCTV's operation, along with a contact number to obtain more information.
CCTV operators should take steps to uphold the regulations by making sure people being filmed are aware as to how and why surveillance is taking place.
Some pints you need to check to see if your signs are complicit with the GDPR:
- Signage should be clearly visible and easily read.
- Signage should be an appropriate size in relation to its context.
- Details of the organisation operating the system.
- The reason CCTV is in use.
- Who to contact if there are any queries, preferably with a method of contacting them (i.e. phone or email)
- White rigid PVC: 300mm x 200mm
- Self adhesive vinyl: 200mm x 150mm (Double-sided for use on glass doors or panels)
Signs must be cleaned, maintained, checked, repaired and if necessary replaced on a regular basis to ensure effectiveness
Visit the Resource Page for more information & safety sign guides.